Summer Cruising - 10 Tips
Planning to head out on a cruise this summer? Well, you are going to absolutely love these tips!
- Shop Around: The cruise market is incredibly competitive throughout the year. It becomes even more competitive during the summer. This means that there are plenty of companies vying for your trade. Do shop around for the best deal. You may even find that travel agents will offer extra incentives to secure your custom. Don’t forget to speak to them!
- Research the port calls that the cruise ship will make. Make a list of what you want to do at each stop (remember you will only have a limited amount of time!) this will ensure that you make the most of your vacation.
- Book as Early as Possible: This is another way that you are going to be able to shave a rather considerable sum off the cost of your vacation.
- Check Flights: Whilst the cost of the cruise is going to be the biggest expensive you will face. You will also need to think about the costs of the flights to get to your departure port. These can add a rather hefty amount to the cost of your trip.
- Do not be tempted to save money on your room. Many people will always look for the cheapest room on the boat. I do not suggest you do this. The cheap rooms will have no sea views or natural light. This is not pleasurable at all.
- Book Your Own Excursions: Cruise Ships will thrust a ton of excursions on you. This is all well and good. However they can be quite expensive. Book your own excursions and save a rather hefty amount on the cost of travel.
- Travel Insurance! This applies whether you are travelling in the summer or any other time of the year. Make sure you have travel insurance. You will be surprised at just how few people have it. It is often those who will have to deal with the cost of lost baggage or large medical bills.
- Be Prepared for all types of weather: Even though it is the summer, storms are known to hit the sea from time to time. This means that you are going to need to pack clothes that you can wear in the event of this happening.
- Medication: You need to pack this when cruising in the summer. You will have very little opportunity to get it from anywhere else.
- Learn How to Deal with Sea Sickness: This can be a problem for almost anybody and can ruin a vacation. Learn how to deal with the symptoms and you will have a much more enjoyable summer cruise. I promise you.