Top 10 tips for air traveler for enjoying the flight
Traveling on a plane can be quite stressful. Thankfully this list of tips should hopefully make it a bit easier for you to enjoy.
- Get to the Airport as Early as Possible: There is nothing worse than arriving an hour or two before your flight lands and having to rush through security and to that gate. You can’t have an enjoyable flight if you are stressed.
- Book Hold Luggage: Even if you can take cabin bags on the plane, try to book hold luggage. This way you do not have to worry about dragging it around the departure lounge which can obviously cause stress.
- Travel Pillow! This is going to provide you with a ton of comfort during those long haul flights.
- Ear Plugs and Eye Cover: This will allow you to grab a bit of shut-eye on a plane no matter how loud or bright it is inside.
- Get up and walk around the aircraft every hour or so. Trust me. It is going to feel fantastic to stretch your legs every so often. It will also help to combat DVT.
- Bring some form of entertainment. An MP3 Player or a good book will allow that time to fly by. You will be landing before you know it!
- Food and Drink is a necessity! They may be serving it on the plane. However on those shorter haul flights it can be very expensive. On long haul flights you may find that the food is included in the price of your ticket.
- Travel Sickness Pills: You need to take them. I never normally get travel sick however there has been a few flights where the turbulence has been so bad that I craved some sort of motion sickness pill. You will be glad you took them. Trust me.
- Book Your Seats in Advance: If you can do this! That way you get to sit exactly where you want. If you do not fancy people climbing over you all the time, or just want a good view, then that window seat is to die for!
- Stay Seated: The worst part of the flight for me is that scramble for the exit at the end. You do not want to be part of this. You are not going to get anywhere faster by being the first off that aircraft. Sit back and wait for the crowds to disperse. It is going to be better and less stressful in the long run. Trust me.